pas·sion
paSHən/
noun
1. strong and barely
controllable emotion.
controllable emotion.
I am a multifaceted person of passion. This goes without saying. To list passions of mine would be a job in itself. Love; Family; Friends; Colors; Music; Clothing; Writing. Passion breathes inside of me with everything I do. Whatever it is that takes hold of me, I am passionately perfecting it.
One passion of mine that consumes me daily is the consideration of other people. This could be anyone! Someone as close to me as my daughters or a random stranger I walk by. I feel the constant need to protect and help everyone. People less fortunate steal pieces of my heart every single day. I have this expression I use. (Those closest to me know it.) I find myself observing people and when someone is disabled, homeless or just lost even I say out loud they are "huggable". I often hold back from wanting to hug random strangers because they have touched my heart just by their existence. To be a part of these peoples lives, to help them in some way, would be a job worth waking up to every day of my own life.
A big part of what I do right now requires passion. Working in a field where I speak daily to sick people and people who have lost loved ones. People who are left with literally nothing. I am brought to tears at least once a week in my job but the most rewarding part is listening to these people and at the end of the conversation, hearing them say "thank you for listening to me". I know I have helped them just by attentively hearing their words.
To selflessly help people would be a service worth looking in to. People who are lost in their lives, who need guidance, direction and financial backing. These people feel hopeless that the world has turned against them and some even feel life is not worth living. Motivating these people by just showing you care would tremendously boost hope in a society where the underprivileged are overlooked. Something as simple as drafting a resume, giving hot food, clothing and teaching these people how to interview could set the wheels in motion for a world worth their time and ours as well.
Poem of the Week
Writing in Stride
My heart moves;
Stroke by stroke;
New meaning is found.
Life,
Breathed into blank pages.
Words,
Scribbled to make sense.
Creativity from within
Dancing across a line.
A voice,
Wanting to be heard.
Understood;
Remembered.
Feelings and thoughts;
Unleashed into air.
Stroke by stroke;
A creation takes place.
The pen moves;
My heart moves.
.png)

A creation takes place.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant. This week's poem is different - pondering - precise in it's simplicity. Simple in that it uses just few powerful words to capture a fleeting moment. It's awesome.
It reminds me of some of my own poetry - how sometimes - single words form these hooks to hold thoughts and emotions up, for a just a few seconds. Like leaves on trees, I suppose. But I love having a reader focus on less words and more meaning. It's like a puzzle, but the all the pieces fit easily, because each piece is so significant. Here, each word is irreplaceable. Each word is precisely placed.
Your journal and design are great as well. What is it you do again? Is it nursing? That's so great to feel appreciated at a job. That's important, and it seems like you find that each week with your clients/patients. A key sign of doing something you love is that other people can see it/feel it. They're just as touched as you are.
Excellent writing. Great reflection. Artful production.
GR: 98